Friday, September 16, 2011

My Wish List

I've never been a jewelry, clothes, and make-up kind of girl. Power tools and technology gifts have always been my favorite. I would much rather have something for our house than new clothes. Now, that's not to say that I wouldn't appreciate a lovely pair of diamond earrings from my husband! 
Since my birthday is rolling around next month (I totally thought I was going to be 32 again, and my "seester" had to remind me that, in fact, I was going to me 33. What a downer.) and Christmas is two months after that, I thought I would help my family out with a "wish list"! HeHeHe (Insert an eye roll from my mother)


The Shark Navigator Lift Away vacuum

I have a Bissell Healthy Home vacuum, and I HATE it! It's large, heavy and loud. I bump into everything when I use it. 
Here's what the Shark website has to say: "The NEW Shark® Navigator™ Lift-Away® is the most versatile, portable, powerful and affordable upright you'll ever own. Clean faster, easier and better than ever before with Navigator™'s No Loss of Suction technology, Lightweight Detachable Canister, Swivel Steering, and Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology™ - all backed by a 10 year warranty!" 
I have read many reviews on this vacuum, and all of them have said that this is the best vacuum ever! You can find it on Amazon for $179, but I plan on buying it at Bed, Bath, & Beyond and using a 20% off coupon (unless someone wants to buy it for me! :) )


A 12 inch Miter Saw with Laser

I'm not going to be "brand picky" on this one (though I do love the DeWalt yellow!). For my needs, a miter saw from Harbor Freight will do just fine. I asked some fellow bloggers what they would recommend, and they all said to go ahead and get a 12 inch and make sure it has a laser! I do have a miter box and have used it for projects, but my patience level and the miter box do not go together well!


Brad Nailer/Air Compressor Combo Kit

Doesn't this look like so much fun to use?! If I had the miter saw AND the brad nailer combo kit, I may never leave the garage! 


Jig Saw

Again, I'm not picky on the brand. Many DIY'ers say the cheaper models are the way to go since I'm not going to be building a house anytime soon. This would make projects with curvy cuts so much easier! Centsational Girl used her jig saw to make some fabulous cutting boards! I have plans to make a tufted headboard for our master bedroom very soon, and I would love for it to have some "curves"!


I don't think I'm asking too much, do you?! Don't answer that!

3 comments:

defining designs by missy said...

we have a shark vacuum and love it!It works great from wood to rug/carpet.

Anonymous said...

And who had to have the heavy duty vacuum that you're now complaining about??? Power tools......and a 2 yr. old. What's wrong with this picture?! I'm so proud of you and all the DIY projects you've done! Never thought I'd see it. Maybe you need to raid Dad's hardware store for your power tools. He has 2 of everything. (insert my eye roll now) Keep up the great work, dear daugher.Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am loving the wish list Beth!!!! You are amazing :)

Love you...Jennifer