Thursday, September 29, 2011

Big Girl Room Pinspiration

As much as I don't want to face it, my baby is turning into a big girl. She even tells me so, "Big Gull" and, "Myself" is a fav of hers. I started thinking about a "big girl" room a few months ago and began pinning. Her room right now is cute with a green, pink, and black color scheme and subtle (ok, maybe not so subtle) "pug" theme. The pugs will always stay in some form or another, but the colors need to change. The walls are green and her furniture is black, and some of it will need to be painted.

I'm leaning toward a pink and blue color scheme and have found LOADS of inspiration via Pinterest. Here is some of my favorite Pinspiration!

A possible color palette. I love the varying shades of pink with some blue and green.

via


Love the blue and white polka dot wall and soft pink curtains. Those pillow shams are pretty awesome too!

via


This room is just precious in every way. Love the shades, daybed, pillows and wall color.


via


I think E's dresser needs a coat of pink paint!

via


Of course I heart this dog fabric!

via

These pink and white striped curtains are adorable!

via

I would love to incorporate a loft bed into her room, but that's not going to happen in this house. There is absolutely nowhere in her room for one! Hopefully our next house will have the perfect wall for a loft bed. E also needs to be a bit older...I can picture her trying to "fly" off the bed at this point in her life.

via


This room has the perfect little alcove for a loft bed! I love that the bed is not taking up any floor space, so you don't lose any play space! It's the perfect spot for a play kitchen.

via


I have no idea when this big girl room will start to take shape. Right now, it's just all in my head. And, thank goodness for Pinterest, since my head is not the place to be storing things! Isn't Pinterest the greatest!

Linking to:
5 Minutes Just For Me  

8 comments:

Haley said...

Wow - such cute stuff! I love the blue color on those walls and that pink dresser is to die for! I may have to go thrifting this weekend and see if I can find something to paint that color!
I love the loft bed idea too - Mary Ella's room is so tiny and I recently had to move her play kitchen into her closet, so this would be the perfect solution. Even thought about trying to find a set of bunk beds on Craigslist and just DIY-ing the playhouse part on the bottom with some wood paneling. Great ideas.

Natasha in Oz said...

I'm going to send a link to this post to my sister who is decorating her 3 year old daughter's room and a girl's nursery as well. She is going to love this post and your pins!

If you have 5 minutes to spare I would be thrilled if you could visit my blog and link up this gorgeous post to my weekly Pinning & Singing Pinterest party. This post is perfect!

Best wishes and happy pinning!
Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

MJ @ 517 Creations said...

Girl you have great taste! I have that loft bed from Handmade Home pinned, too...super cool. :)

Karima said...

I too love pinterest! new follower of yours, Karima www.karimascrafts.com

Natasha in Oz said...

Me again! Thanks so very much for linking up to my Pinning and Singing Pinterest Party. I am so thrilled that you joined in. I hope you will be able to link up again this weekend!

Best wishes and happy pinning!
Natasha

Janel from NellieBellie said...

The color scheme is simply adorable! And a simple coat of pink paint on a dresser...instant girly love!

justein clark said...

kids bunk beds with desk areas are available in a variety of sizes and styles.

Ashley said...

Hi there! I stumbled on your blog while searching for pink and white curtains! Any chance you know where those curtains with horizontal stripes are from? Thanks so much! I'm at nzashleyrogers@gmail.com!