Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Blog Ever!

So here I am setting up my first-ever blog. I have no reason to set up a blog, but thought it would be fun. I don't have a lot of spare time in between working full-time as an RN at Baptist on the Oncology floor and working on my Master's degree in Nursing Education. Since I'm getting my degree online, I'm on the computer way too much and thought blogging would be fun.

My husband, Ben, is an EMT with First Call Ambulance service. We have been married for 2 1/2 years but have known each other most of our lives. Ben and my brothers grew up together. Ben loves to hunt, fish, and do anything outdoors. He is obsessed with Harry Potter and has read a few of the books three times. He was very mad when the next movie was pushed back until next summer. I think it's funny.

I am the mom to three dogs who run my life. My husband, Ben, loves the dogs most of the time. Buster is 11 and is my "little man" "Bubba" and "love muffin." I have many more nicknames but won't bore you with those. Buster loves to anything that involves eating and sleeping and being around his mommy. He is slightly neurotic and won't let me out of his sight. Belle is 2 and is my "monkey" and "crazy person." She has a motorized tongue and will lick anything, and I mean anything. A few of her favorites are Hoover's ears, Hoover' mouth, the carpet, the couch, her paws, the air...you get the picture. She is nuts and I love it. She's very entertaining. Hoover, my mutt, is around 7 (not sure how old she was when we found her as a puppy) and is the perfect dog. Sorry pugs. She is my "Hoovs doovs." Hoover knows exactly what you are saying to her and does exactly as she is told. No formal training. I think mutts just "know." She tolerates Belle better than I could ever imagine since Belle uses Hoover as her personal jungle gym. I am always entertained when I am home with the dogs, I call them "bubs" most of the time.

In my spare time, I love to work around the house. We have done quite a bit to our Crieve Hall ranch and are not done. I have painted every room in this house, redone the kitchen, redone the lanscaping and front porch, put in a new HVAC, put in a new garage door and opener, new doors, new light fixtures everywhere, etc. It needed a lot of work. I'm waiting on new carpet for the downstairs at the moment. Hopefully it will be installed next week. After that, I'm on the hunt for new interior doors for the upstairs. We have those ugly vented doors right now, and I hate telling people to turn on the fan when they go to the bathroom so others can't hear them pee (or worse!)! So, I'm always doing something to the house. Ben is very tired of it. Luckily for him, I'm pretty self-sufficient.

That's probably enough for now! Don't want you to learn to much on the first day! More to come as I am teaching a weekly nursing skills lab at Belmont this fall and will surely have some funny stories about the baby nursing students! Bye Bye for now....

No comments: