I've been doing a lot of DIY projects around the house since I've had the summer off from teaching the future nurses of America. For some reason, I waited until all four months of my summer break had passed and decided to post some projects the week school started! Not my best idea...
Last night, I completed a fall wreath for our front door. This was my inspiration wreath via Pinterest (LOVE PINTEREST!):
So, E and I went to JoAnn's yesterday and scored some great fall fabric from the clearance section. Then we went to Home Depot for some air duct elbows. I got some pretty funny looks from the Home Depot workers as I twisted and turned those elbows to make 90 degree angles so four would fit together. I dropped them several times too making a lot of racket. They make them adjustable now, so you have to twist them all sorts of ways to make them fit together. I would have much preferred the classic 90 degree elbow.
Here's my assortment of fabric and yarn:
I made several fabric rosettes by ripping a long piece of fabric and the twisting, turning, and hot gluing the fabric as I went. Here's the tutorial I followed to make the rosettes.
I backed the fabric in felt so I would have something solid to hot glue to the wreath. I did this for each fabric rosette.
I debated on wrapping the metal in some burlap. I wanted to see some of the metal, but in the end, I wrapped the whole thing in several strips of burlap. I like the texture it gives the wreath.
Here's my trusty helper who kept me company.
I also wrapped some brown and orange yarn around the wreath for some more fall color. Looking back, I think I would have used a little more yarn. I then glued the rosettes to the wreath and tore another strip of fabric to use as a hanger.
Here's the finished product! I really love it. It looks great hanging on the door.
The rosettes turned out great!
View from the sidewalk.
This was such an easy project, and I love how it turned out!