Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pretty & Functional Jewelry Display



Pinterest really is a source for unbelieveable inspiration (and it's free)! I think all of my summer projects came from Pinterest! E broke the case that used to hold all my necklaces, so I needed a new way to store them. I had seen this jewelry display on Pinterest and knew I could make one too. I found a basic frame on sale at Michael's (I think, could have been JoAnn's) and bought a roll of chicken wire at Home Depot.

I cut the chicken wire to fit the frame and the hot glued it to the back. Gluing chicken wire is not super easy since it doesn't like to lay flat. I had to hold each wire in place until the glue dried. Not hard, but time consuming.

I then spray painted the frame with Rustoleum's Heirloom White and distressed it with some sand paper to give it a worn look. I added five small nails across the top of the frame to hold my necklaces.


Not too shabby huh?


I hung it then added my earrings and necklaces. Functional storage that also acts as wall art!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jewelry displays said...

I do agree with all of the ideas you have presented in your post. They’re very convincing and will certainly work.