Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Naples

Last week Ben and I got to travel to Naples to spend a week at my Nanny's condo on the beach. It was a fabulous trip, and I didn't want to come home. Nanny's condo is literally on the beach, 15 stories up. I always started my day sitting on the lanai eating my breakfast and reading. I read the last three Twilight books while we were there. Couldn't put them down! Nanny made us cinnamon toast almost every morning and made sure we were well fed. I definitely gained back all the weight I lost while I was sick. We went to the beach or pool every day. It was so relaxing. We watched the dolphins and the pelicans play in the ocean. I could definitely get used to that lifestyle. Ben had to remind me that we would never live on the beach. He can take the beach in small doses, and a week was almost too much for him.


The view from the left side of the condo.
The view from the right side of the condo.
Ben finally learned to relax! I think he read four books.
On the beach for our dinner at the Turtle Club. We ate at sunset on the beach. It was very nice and great food.
Sunset at dinner.
The last night we were there, we went on a catamaran for a sunset cruise. This is the boat. It was a two hour cruise around the bay and ocean. We got to see a lot of beautiful, waterfront homes and some dolphins. We took a picnic dinner and ate on the boat.
Us on the boat ready to go.
Getting ready for the sun to set


We had the token "obnoxious" couple on the boat with us who insisted we take a
picture in these glasses. They also had their daughter and her boyfriend do the Titanic pose on the boat.


Sunset from the boat.

Proof I got Ben on the beach! We walked and found lots of pretty shells. Nanny's building is the one on the left in the picture.



Pelicans in the ocean. They kept us entertained by dive-bombing into the ocean for fish. They were so funny.



Pelicans in action. There was a large school of fish in the shallow water and they went nuts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the sunglasses pic! :-)

Cristie said...

Glad y'all had a good time, makes me want to go to the beach so bad. I am very lucky that Andrew enjoys the beach as much as I do!