Saturday, November 22, 2008

Big Decision

Well, I have nothing to blog about now that Clay and Leslie are married! Just kidding. Unfortunately, my life is crazy, and I can't wait for it to slow down. Since August, I have been teaching a weekly nursing skills lab at Belmont, while getting my Master's, while working on a HUGE practicum project, while meeting with faculty at Bemont for my project, while working full-time at Baptist, and while trying to be a good wife, daughter, sister, and friend. I AM TIRED! This past week I sat down with one of my former teachers at Belmont and discussed what my role there would be in the Spring semester. They asked me to teach an Adult Health clinical in the hospital one day a week. This would mean an 8 hour clinical with 8 students and 8 care plans to grade each week. Not to mention that I would have to go to the hospital the day before to pick out patients for my students. Did I mention that I'm not done with my Master's until March 9th and I'll still be working full-time? Being the overachiever that I am, I immediately said no problem! Then I talked to Ben, my mom, and Jennifer who all said ARE YOU CRAZY??!! Evidently, yes. After I thought about it...working full-time, finishing school and my project, teaching an 8 hour clinical, grading 8 care plans and getting them to the students before the next clinical, all while trying to stay sane seemed impossible. All three said there was no doubt that I could do it, but that I might just lose my mind trying. Long story short, I made the decision to not teach next semester and just RELAX! After March 9th, I will only be working 3, 12 hour shifts each week and nothing else! I get giddy just thinking about it. I will get to read again, go to Destin more, maybe I'll start cooking again, and maybe I'll just do nothing. I am really excited to be free. I told a girl at work that my life begins again on March 9th. Hopefully next Fall I'll be working prn at Baptist and teaching a couple of clinicals and/or labs at Belmont. Please pray for me that I keep my sanity these last few months of school and that I finish my project! I'm not even close to being done....

No comments: