Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Mantel

Christmas, Christmas time is here! I sure do love looking at all my Christmas decorations, but I can't stand getting them out and deciding where they should go! It seemed like it took me forever to get things ready this year. I already dread getting things all packed away in a few short weeks...I'm one of those that has to put my decorations away the second Christmas is over. I have to have my house back in order ASAP!
I'm so happy that I have a "mantel" to decorate this year! Making my own cafe shelves was the best thing for displaying my seasonal decor! For my Christmas mantel, I shopped my Rubbermaid containers full of Christmas decorations and used what I had. There are only a couple of new things on this mantel that I did not already have!

I've had my glittery, red wreath for quite some time now. It used to be my "front door wreath", but I thought it would look great on my mantel this year.

A mantel is not complete without some glittery ornaments.

I added some curly Q's that I used on my Christmas wreath to my WUSLU bottles. These bottles are turning out to be quite versatile!

Here is one of my new items! A well dressed pug ornament I found at TJ Maxx! Couldn't pass him up!

I have a thing for Santas...

I have so many Santas that I think I'm going to do an all Santa tree next year! You'll see many, many more Santas when I show you my tree!


I'll be sharing my mantel at this fun blogger block party!


Photobucket

3 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

i love that you decorate these shelves like this, great idea. how cute is that pug ornament!

Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

So cute and festive! I came to check it out because of the pug :)

1 Funky Woman said...

I have a thing for santas too! Love that dog with the red hat ornament and how he is front and center on your shelf, too cute!

I linked up also but I goofed! When you click my pick my Halloween mantle pops up oops! Love for you to stop by my blog so just click my name!

Megan

http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com