Friday, November 25, 2011

This Week I am Loving…{Elf on the Shelf edition}

Now that Thanksgiving is officially over, I can move onto Christmas! I am very strict on not putting out Christmas decorations until Thanksgiving is over. One holiday at a time! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because of the focus on being thankful and being with family. I love Christmas too, but I hate that the focus has turned to elaborate gift giving and not the real reason for the season: Jesus Christ.


I have challenged myself to remember why we celebrate Christmas and to remind E in a simple way this year. I don’t want her growing up focused on presents and asking Santa for gifts. It sure is fun to see her get excited about Santa though, and we will definitely have our share of magical moments! We will be adding an Elf on the Shelf to our traditions this year, so I have compiled some resources for some fun ways to use your Elf, if you have one. If not, it’s still neat to see how creative everyone can be!


101 Elf on the Shelf Ideas!
Pinned Image
via


This site has some really original ideas with photos, including stuffed animal spin the bottle! Hilarious!
Pinned Image
via


15 more Elf on the Shelf ideas from Parenting.com
Pinned Image
via


Do you have an Elf on the Shelf? What are some of your favorite ideas? I don’t know how crazy we will get with our Elf this year since E is only two, but I’m keeping all these ideas pinned for future reference!


I'll be back on Monday to show you my new DIY Christmas wreath for my front door!


Photobucket

1 comment:

MJ @ 517 Creations said...

My mother-in-law bought Grayson the Elf on a Shelf! I'm excited to start that tradition at our house, too. :)