Thursday, April 30, 2009

Nothing

By now, most of you know that I can no longer work due to extreme shortness of breath with activity and heart palpitations. It's nothing dangerous, but since my job requires A LOT of activity, my OB said it was best to just leave work until after Elliotte is born. She is perfect and not having any problems. I think most people would be overjoyed at not being able to go to work, but I have to limit my activity. I can't exercise, do a lot of walking, go up and down stairs, etc without having to catch my breath. So, for the next 4 months (or however long it takes Elliotte to come), I am going to have to be creative with my time. I can tell you all about daytime TV:
GMA: Diane Sawyer is the most beautiful woman over 40 on TV. Ben tells me this every morning. I usually only catch the last hour.
Regis and Kelly: They are hilarious. Regis gets a little annoying at times, but it's worth it to hear Kelly rip on him.
The View: I don't really like all the bickering, but Sherri Shepard is so funny. Sometimes they have good discussions.
Martha: This lady is a serious control freak. She belittles everyone on her show in her covert way. I turn her off when she starts enunciating her words too carefully (this is so pretttty) or when she starts telling her guests how to do what they know how to do best.
Channel 4 News at Midday: Have to see what's going on in the world and watch the weather.
More at Midday: I can't stand Tim Ross! He has to be the most annoying person on the face of the earth! Sometimes I put up with him, but most days I want to reach inside the TV and choke his neck.
Better: I like this show. They have good ideas and are not the least bit annoying.
Days of Our Lives: I started watching this in high school during basketball study hall. I'll be the first to admit that it's insane, but I get sucked in. Right now, Sami had EJ's baby but he doesn't know it, but Nicole who is now married to EJ stole Sami's baby and replaced it with a baby from a high school girl because Nicole miscarried EJ's baby and was afraid to lose him. So basically, EJ should have two babies that are the same age by women who hate each other and live a few streets apart. Only in Salem...
Ellen: My FAVORITE show on TV. She is a genius. I don't agree with her lifestyle choice, but she is compassionate and caring and truly loves to give to people. I laugh so hard every day.
Oprah: I only watch Oprah now if there is someone on her show that I really like. She's a nut job.

That about sums up my day of daytime TV. Now, I don't normally watch all these shows back to back. Usually I try to get out and do something very slowly. I can still go to the grocery as long as I walk around slowly and get the sweet guys at Publix to take out my groceries. I'll go to mom and dad's and sit around there to get away from my crazy bubbies at home who are so confused that I am home every day now. They don't know what to do with themselves. Once Nanny gets home and opens up her pool, I plan to be the tannest pregnant woman ever by lounging in the pool every day! I am going to try and enjoy this time as much as I can since in 4 months I will never be bored again! So if anyone wants to come over and watch TV or go to the pool on your day off just let me know. I can still grab lunch too!

2 comments:

The Roper's said...

I was only on bed rest 3 weeks and about went crazy...sorry that you are having to sit still and I know that you are trying to enjoy and should, but that is hard when you are bored! Praying for you :)

Kristen said...

Is it considered too much activity if I give you one my kids in the pool? Water makes them lighter, and they are only 25 pounds on dry land. That's a question for you OB!