Wednesday, February 11, 2009

12 Weeks

Today I had my 12 week check up with my OB Dr. Haney. Mom went with me since Ben had to work. I wanted someone there in case something wasn't right. Everything is looking good. I've lost 2 pounds which is fine with me. Probably due to the constant nausea and a diet of lots of cereal. I celebrated by having a cheeseburger and fries when I took mom to lunch at J. Alexander's for her birthday. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was faint but strong. That was very reassuring since there's not much evidence of a baby except the nausea. I do have a little pooch, but it just looks like belly fat right now. I go back to the doctor in 4 more weeks and get my next ultrasound in 8 weeks when we can find out if we're having a boy or a girl. So far, the consensus seems to be a boy, but I don't have any feelings one way or the other.
This week the baby is a plum.

No comments: