Saturday, January 17, 2009

Celine Dion Concert

I was fortunate to attend the Celine Dion concert on Tuesday night courtesy of my husband. He bought me the tickets for Christmas '07 because I was dying to go. His one condition was that I did NOT take him. I could take whomever I wanted as long as I did not ask him to go. Not a problem! I asked my mom because I knew she would love it. Drennon had told me she would rather "set herself on fire" than see Celine Dion, so I took that as a NO. Mom and I ate dinner at J. Alexander's with the rest of the city. We waited 40 minutes on a Tuesday night at 5:45. Everyone was going downtown. Everyone was at the concert. All I can say is that it was amazing. She sounded even better than on her CDs. Haters have to see her in concert before they can say anything bad. The lady is an entertainer. Her band and dancers were the best I've seen. I just can't say enough good things. The show was made even more entertaining by the two guys in the section next to us who knew every word to every song and even knew the dance moves. They were hilarious. There were definitely all types of people at the concert. Divas, male divas, nursing mothers and babies (on the row with us!), husbands, boyfriends, dads, moms, and daughters. I would urge anyone who gets the chance to see Celine in concert to go and not think twice. You won't regret it.
Because the tickets said no cameras, I did not take mine to the concert for fear of it being confiscated. Of course, they barely looked in my purse and everyone else had their cameras. The pics below are from the Tennessean.com. The pics don't do the concert justice. The stage was 360 degrees so there was not a bad seat in the house. Celine had six costume changes and looked amazing.




1 comment:

Natalie Church said...

I saw Celine in concert once and she was amazing...I agree...that's so fun that you got to go.
I hope the medicine keeps helping with the nausea...not fun! Hopefully, it will pass soon!