Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Job

Many of you already know that I have accepted a new position with St. Thomas Health Services. I will no longer be working on the Oncology floor at Baptist as of the first week of November. I will be the System Educator for St. T, Baptist and MTMC in Murfreesboro. I have really been wanting to use my MSN degree, and now I'm getting to do it! I will be in charge of the Nurse Residency program, some training for the unit clerks and patient care techs, the Explorer program for high school students interested in health care careers, and will be a Cerner superuser (our computer charting system). It's a big job, but I'm excited about it. I wasn't really looking to be working quite so much, but this kind of happened at just the right time, so I took it as a sign that this was for me. I prayed that I would not be offered the position unless I was supposed to take it. I'll be working 40 hours over 4 days, so I'll have one day off each week to be with Elliotte and teach the lab at Belmont. Not sure where my office will be yet (either St. T or Baptist), but I'll be working at all three hospitals. I have the option of doing some work from home if I'm going to have an office day. I was told that there probably would not be many of those days. :( So, I'm about to start a new journey and am nervous and excited. My sweet baby is only 11 weeks old but will be staying with her Nonna while I work. Hopefully the transition will be smooth with as few tears (from me) as possible. Thanks for all the encouragement and prayers as I interviewed for this job! Now I need some more as I start the job...

No comments: